Wednesday 18 February 2015

Day Look: Moodboard & Designs


I would define Day Makeup as very neutral and subtle. It should enhance the natural features and colours of the face without looking too dramatic or bold. A Day Makeup should look effortless and appear flawless in daylight, 
 This mood board reflects my inspiration for my Chanel inspired Day Look. I want the look to reflect sophisticated beauty, nothing too elaborate. 



From my mood board, I created the following two hair and makeup designs. The first makeup design includes a matte brown eyeshadow and dark red lip. The colour on the chart appears a lot harsher than I envision it working on a model's face. I propose a cool bronze flush on the cheeks and filled in, groomed brows. The hairstyle is a sleek bun, set high on top of the head. The hair would be sleeked using product such as mousse or wax and held firmly in place with hairspray. 

Upon reflection, I feel the lip colour is a little too harsh for a day makeup and the hair is quite a formal style that may not portray the natural, comfortable look I intend on achieving.  

Day Makeup 1
Day Hairstyle 1

I've taken the critique of my first designs into consideration when creating the following designs. The makeup chart, again, doesn't truly reflect how I imagine the colours will sit on a models skin. I have toned down the colour of the eye shadow and lipstick. I want a more nude/taupe lipstick which I think I can achieve with a blend of MAC Taupe & Retro. For the eyeshadow, I intend to use the Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette which includes soft nude and pink tones. On the cheeks, I will use Charlotte Tilbury's Filmstar Bronze and Glow palette to contour and highlight the model's cheek bones. For my model's complexion, I want a porcelain-like finish that I find is so popular amongst Chanel makeup adverts. Chanel models' skin is also clean and flawless.
 For the hairstyle, I want to re-create a style I learnt in the technical lessons, a low chignon. It will be styled neatly with some loose strands hanging in curls around my model's face so not to look too formal.
Day Makeup 2


Day Hairstyle 2

No comments:

Post a Comment